To motivate, educate, & inspire!
To assist all students to grow academically, personally, socially, and vocationally with
collaborative efforts of students, staff, families, and community.
Guidance Department Beliefs:
- All students can achieve and meet their individual academic potential that will result in college and career success.
- Students’ developmental needs and achievement are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program.
- School Counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for personal growth.
- Data-driven goals will guide the development of the comprehensive school counseling program promoting student achievement.
- School Counselors will make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
- Student Population: 535 students
- Grade Levels: 3 (6th, 7th, 8th)
- Course Levels: Academic, Standard, Accelerated
- Average Class Size: 25
- Faculty: 50
- 4 Core Classes (ELA, Math, Social Studies, Science) that are 55 minutes long, 5 days a week, year long.
- 2 Encore Classes (electives) that are 45 minutes long, 5 days a week, semester long and year long options.
- 1 Intervention/Enrichment Class that is 45 minutes long, 5 days a week, quarter long, semester long and year long options.
- All grades on report cards are numerical
- Any grade below a 60 is failing
- The lowest grade given on a report card shall be 40
- The following grade scale will be used at New Bridge Middle School:
Some teachers utilize a point system while others utilize a traditional percentage system. Regardless of the system, the following approximate value of tasks will result from the completed work during a given grading period:
- 50%- Summative Assessments: Tests (30% - 40%), Quizzes (10% - 20%)
- 25%- Major Projects/Research Projects/Multimedia Presentations
- 15%- Class work (those tasks primarily completed in the classroom)
- 10%- Homework (those tasks primarily completed outside of class time)