EXPLORE Test for 8th Grade- Oct. 10, 2012
On October 10, 2012, New Bridge Middle 8th graders will participate in EXPLORE. Beginning at 9:15 a.m., our 8th graders will open the door to learning beyond high school by taking the Explore!!!!!
What is the EXPLORE? EXPLORE is a curriculum-based achievement test that explains what you know and are able to do and provides guidance for your future plans. Explore serves as the entry measure of academic progress and is connected to a series of assessments that prepare you for success in college and beyond. EXPLORE is the first part of a testing system that helps you establish college readiness as measured by performance on EXPLORE, PLAN, and the ACT test.
- Four tests in English, math, reading, and science
- High school course planning
- A needs assessment
- A career exploration component using the World-of-Work map
- College Readiness Standards to help you learn what academic skills to work on before graduating from high school
- Personalized college readiness and skill building information to help you prepare for high school and beyond!
The most common reason for taking EXPLORE:
- Helps you discover a broad range of options for your future and helps you think ahead about what you want to do in life.
- Explore helps you prepare for the ACT. You can become familiar with the kinds of questions and the exact directions you will see on the ACT.
- To see how your performance on an admissions test might compare with that of others applying to college. You will be able to compare your performance to other 8th graders who are also planning to go to college and documents if you are on tract for college.
- Once you know what each test covers, your EXPLORE test results can show you where you’re strong or weak.
When is this test?
The state of North Carolina has entered into a contract with the ACT to deliver EXPLORE on a school day. All 8th grade students attending Onslow County Schools will be able to take the test at no cost.
What is the test date for the EXPLORE?
October 10, 2012. To begin at 9:15 a.m. and to end around 11:45 a.m.
What more information or have questions?
Log on to http://www.act.org/explorestudent/ or email our Test Coordinator at email@example.com.