2012-13 Dance Information
Dates for 2012-13 School Dances (All Grades):
- Friday, October 19, 2012 (hosted by PTO, open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders)
- Friday, December 14, 2012 (hosted by 6th Grade, open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders)
- Friday, February 15, 2013 (hosted by 8th Grade, open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders)
- Friday, May 17, 2013 (hosted by 7th Grade, open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders)
Dates for 2012-13 SPECIAL School Dances:
- Friday, November 30, 2012- FUN RUN DANCE (a free dance for students participating in the Fun Run and raising at least $10.00; other students may attend with $3 admission, however, the 2 week discipline window is in place for paid attendees)
- Friday, May 31, 2013- The 8th Grade Annual Dance (a dance for 8th graders and their guests only. This dance is typically held at the Jacksonville Country Club. More information will be shared with 8th grade homeroom as the date nears.)
A few reminders about NBMS school dances:
- students who have been assigned or who have served after-school detention (ASD), in-school suspension (ISS) or out-of-school suspension (OSS) in the 2 weeks prior to a dance are not eligible to attend. School conduct expectations apply. While we will compile a list on the day of the dance, students should be aware of thier own discipline records.
- student dances begin at 3:00 p.m. and are over by 5:00 p.m. Students must be picked-up on time. Students not picked-up by 5:15 will not be permitted to attend other dances.
- while most dances are on "Dress Down" days, students may bring extra clothes for the dance. Students should follow the rules for "Dress Down" explained in the 2012-13 Uniform Dress Code policy for New Bridge Middle School.
- dancing must be clean and in keeping with school values (no close dancing, no displays of affection, no obscene or vulgar movements).
- school rules apply before, during, and after school dances and whether or not the school dance is on school property. (All standard school dances for 2012-13 will be at the NBMS gym).
- admission to school dances is $3.00. Food and soda may be purchased for $2.00.
- parents interested in serving as chaperones should email Mrs. Marangi (AP) at email@example.com
Two Week Discipline Windows:
- For October 19, 2012, no ASD, ISS or OSS served or assigned between Oct. 9 and Oct. 19.
- For November 30, 2012, no ASD, ISS or OSS served or assigned between Nov. 19 and Nov. 30
- For December 14, 2012, no ASD, ISS or OSS served or assigned between Dec. 3 and Dec. 14.
- For February 15, 2013, no ASD, ISS or OSS served or assigned between Feb. 4 and Feb. 15.
- For May 17, 2013, no ASD, ISS or OSS served or assigned between May 6 and May 17.
Dress Down Dress Code (for dances and other dress down activities)
For dances, students have the option to change clothes and to dress casually, including wearing jeans and T-shirts. Please adhere to the following dress code rules:
- T-shirts are permitted; however, no offensive or suggestive material on any piece of clothing is allowed.
- No sleeveless tops or shirts, low necklines, spaghetti straps, shoulder- baring, midriff-baring or revealing tops or open back shirts may be worn.
- Modest and appropriate is the goal (no see-through material, no midriff or underwear showing).
- Overly short apparel is not permitted. Skirts, skorts and shorts must be at least fingertip length, even if leggings are worn under a skirt.
- Tennis shoes and athletic shoes are permitted; however, Crocs, flip-flops, mules, open back shoes, high-heeled shoes and sandals are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- No low necklines or tight fitting tops, pants, shorts, etc.
- No cut-offs, frays or clothing with holes/slits above fingertip length.
- No sagging or bagging.
- Hats and sunglasses may not be worn inside the building.