Tryouts for the 2014/2015 NBMS Cheerleading team will be held May 27th-29th. Complete info can be found on the website in the “Sports” section. See Mrs. Williams if you have questions.
· May 27th & 28th
· 3:30 – 5:00 PLEASE arrange for PROMPT pick-up!
· NBMS gym
· Thursday, May 29th
· 3:30 – approximately 5:00
· NBMS gym
· Students may leave as soon as their group is finished. (Groups will be announced on 5/28.)
Turn in to Mrs. Williams (room 102) no later than 3:30 pm on May 23rd:
· Information sheet
· Copy of current physical.
o If you do not have a current physical, you will not be allowed to participate. No Exceptions!
· 2 chants
· 1 cheer
· toe touch
· optional jump
· tumbling – forward roll, BHS, or beyond – NO cartwheels
· 3 teacher recommendations – from current teachers
Dress appropriately each day.
· Tied tennis shoes
· Hair out of face
· No denim
· No jewelry
· No bare bellies, tank tops, short shorts or visible undergarments
· Note that appearance is part of the judge’s score sheet. You should look neat!
· Selection will be based on the following:
o teacher recommendations
§ points may be deducted for forms that are given to teachers after 5/21/14.
o coach’s observations during practice
o judges’ scores
· Scores will not be shared with students or parents.
· All decisions are final.
· Results will be posted near the front door of the school after 4pm on May 30th.
If you have any questions, please contact Sherri Williams via email (email@example.com).