Although NBMS is a school that requires student uniforms, several days have been established as "Dress Down" days for the purpose of raising funds for worthy community and school-based causes/academic departments. Our next dress down Friday is on March 20, 2015. Students wanting to participate should pay their homeroom teachers $5 per dress down day. Participation is 100% optional. The dress down dress code should be followed.
Dress Down Dress Code:
Occasionally the Principal will allow a “Dress Down Day” day for purposes of school-wide incentive or fundraising. On “Dress Down Days” students may wear clothing other than the prescribed uniform. On these days, students have the option to dress casually, including wearing jeans and T-shirts. Please adhere to the following dress code rules:
- T-shirts are permitted; however, no offensive or suggestive material on any piece of clothing is allowed.
- No sleeveless tops or shirts, low necklines, spaghetti straps, shoulder- baring, midriff-baring or revealing tops or open back shirts may be worn.
- Modest and appropriate is the goal (no see-through material, no midriff or underwear showing).
- Overly short apparel is not permitted. Skirts, skorts and shorts must be at least fingertip length, even if leggings are worn under a skirt.
- Tennis shoes and athletic shoes are permitted; however, Crocs, flip-flops, mules, open back shoes, high-heeled shoes and sandals are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- No low necklines or tight fitting tops, pants, shorts, etc.
- No cut-offs, frays or clothing with holes/slits above fingertip length.
- No sagging or bagging.
- Hats and sunglasses may not be worn inside the building.
Dress Down Days and Benefits:
- Sept. 26, 2014- United Way & Global Studies
- Oct. 24, 2014- HERO Fund (Helping, Encouraging, and Reaching Others) & Art of Collaboration
- Nov. 21, 2014- Christmas Cheer & Mathematics Dept.
- Dec. 12, 2014- Hoops for Heart & Student Recognition
- Jan. 23, 2015- Onslow Ministries & Language Arts Dept.
- Feb. 13, 2015- Pennies for Patience & Music Dept.
- Mar. 20, 2015- Relay for Life & Art Dept.
- Apr. 17, 2015- Juvenile Diabetes & Careers
- May 15, 2015- Science Lab & Media Center